RULES AND GUIDELINES
Singing will be done in team fashion. Teams will be required to sing 2 songs and are required to submit written documentation on the songs with their pre-registration form.
Awards will be given to the top teams. The judging criteria shown below are guidelines that are subject to the interpretation of the judging committee. All judges decisions are final.
EACH LODGE IS REQUIRED TO BRING ITS OWN DRUM AND DRUMSTICKS.
The following rules apply to the Team Singing Competition:
- All singing will be done in a team fashion.
- Written documentation is required for each song (include where the song was obtained, what tribe it’s from, etc).
- Teams will be required to sing a general song and a song for a special event.
- Songs are restricted to Southern and Northern Plains singing.
- Teams will be judged on the authenticity and quality of presentation of songs.
- Anyone singing must be younger than 21, a member of the Order of the Arrow, and a registered conclave participant. All team members must be from the same lodge.
- Minimum time of 2 minutes, maximum time of 10 minutes for each song.
- A representative from each team must be present at the team and judges meeting; check schedule for time and location.