- If the door is open, a friend may enter the tipi directly.If the door is closed, he should announce his presence and wait for the owner to invite him to come in.
- A male enters to the right and waits for the host to invite him to sit to the left of the owner at the rear.
- Be hospitable.
- Always assume your guest is tired, cold, and hungry
- Always give your guest the place of honor in the lodge and at the feast, and serve him in reasonable ways.
- Invited guests are expected to bring their own bowls and spoons.
- Never sit while your guests stand.
- Women never sit cross-legged like men. They can sit on their heels or with their legs to one side.
- If your guests refuse certain foods, say nothing. He may be under vow.
- Protect your guest as one of the family.
- Do not trouble your guest with many questions about himself. He will tell you what he wants you to know.
- In another man’s lodge, follow his customs-not your own.
- Never worry your host with your troubles.
- Always repay calls of courtesy. Do not delay.
- Give your host a little present upon leaving. Little presents are little courtesies and never offend.
- Say “thank you” for every gift, however small.
- Compliment, even if you strain the facts to do so.
- Never walk between persons talking.
- Never interrupt persons talking.
- Always give place to your seniors in entering or leaving the lodge, or anywhere.
- Never sit while your seniors stand.
- Never force your conversations on anyone.
- Speak softly, especially before your elders, or in the presence of strangers.
- Never come between anyone and the fire.
- Do not stare at strangers. Drop your eyes if they stare hard at you; above all for women.
- The women of the lodge are the keepers of the fire, but the men should help with the heavier sticks.
- Be kind
- Show respect to all men and women, but grovel to none.
- Let silence be your motto, until duty bids you to speak.
- Thank the Great Spirit for every meal.
- Request a Performance Today Dance Team Photo Gallery Dance Team Mailing List
The dance team would like to congratulate Logan for becoming the new Dance Team Chief . See more on our website - nawakwadancers.org/team-blog/
Do not forget to sign up for the performances and events coming up in the next few days/weeks! go to nawakwadancers.org today!
Calling all Dancers! Please make sure you sign-up for crafting weekend as well as the upcoming performance. Go to nawakwadancers.org